The Ministry of Information and Communications Technologies (MinTIC in Spanish) launched the National Data Infrastructure Plan (PNID in Spanish). Through this program, the Ministry seeks to guarantee strategies at the national level that generate institutional, regulatory and technical conditions to increase the use and sharing of data across different parties. The text proposes to promote agreements between the public and private sectors to develop data exchange models. The lines of action proposed in the Plan will be implemented between 2022 and 2024.
Among the most important actions to be carried out by the MinTIC, the following stand out:
- An updated document will be prepared to define a regulatory framework to enable data-based reuse, sharing, protection, portability and innovation.
- A pilot of data exchange between the public and private sectors will be created, applying the Data MarketPLace model, understood as a space for data exchange between individuals and companies, in which both parties act as consumers and suppliers respectively.
- The Administrative Department of the Presidency will develop recommendations for the implementation of a regional data market within the framework of the Pacific Alliance.
- A pilot of information exchange between the public and private sectors will be designed and implemented through the Xroad platform, to analyze a technological solution for the generation of value in the public and private sectors.
- A pilot of data analytics or transactional data market will be developed in a prioritized sector to be defined, to contemplate them in decision making spaces.
- The National Planning Directorate (DNP in Spanish) will design a financial sustainability model for the data infrastructure that considers co-financing alternatives for its adoption.