On September 3, the Ministry of Culture issued Resolution No. 000232-2020-SG / MC, launching a public consultation for a draft regulation of an Emergency Decree promoting cinematographic and audiovisual activity. These regulations aim to establish the processes and procedures required to promote the film industry. Those interested may send comments until September 11 through the virtual forum or via email to [email protected]
The draft stipulates that the current rule on copyright must be met with the consent of the prior owner and covers the exhibition or showing of audiovisual works. Owners of art and rehearsal rooms, film clubs and other alternative exhibition spaces must present information related to their activity, such as a program of works, collection, and attendance figures, for instance.
In turn, the regulations establish the contractual conditions required for the premiere and screening of film works:
- Release date: First screening to the public in a theater or other medium or platform.
- Territories where the public communication of the work will take place.
- Number of rooms and screens where the film is programmed.
- Start date and conditions of the promotion of the film in theaters or other medium or platform.
- Criterion to determine the continuity of programming in the weeks after the film’s premiere.