On March 24, the Executive Branch issued Decree 310/2020, creating the Family Emergency Income (EFI) bonus of 10,000 pesos for workers in the informal system, self-employed workers registered in categories “A” and “B”, and social security beneficiaries with the aim of mitigating the economic impact of the mandatory isolation aimed at containing the spread of the coronavirus.
This bonus will be paid once in April 2020 and to receive the benefit, the following requirements must be met:
- Be an Argentine national or resident with a legal residence in the country for no less than two (2) years.
- Be between 18 and 65 years old.
- The applicant, or any member of their family group, if any, should not be receiving any income for the following
- Working as an employee in the public or private sector.
- Self-employed in the category “C” or higher regime.
– Already benefiting from unemployment allowance.
The Government also issued Decree 309/2020, granting an extraordinary subsidy of up to 3,000 pesos for the beneficiaries of the Argentine Integrated Pension System (SIPA), the Universal Pension for the Elderly, and those receiving non-contributory pensions for old age, disability, mothers of seven or more children, and other ex gratia pensions, the payment of which is the responsibility of the Social Security Department, Anses. This payment will be made on a one time basis in April.