Chamber of Deputies approves bill that provides for Breast Cancer Patient Program and passes to Senate
23 marzo 2022
On March 9, the Chamber of Deputies approved the bill that seeks to establish a National Patient Navigation Program for people with malignant breast cancer. The initiative passes to the Senate to continue its treatment. The bill provides for the creation of the National Patient Navigation Program for people with malignant breast cancer.
The initiative promotes the creation and implementation of actions, within the scope of the Unified Health System, that contribute to:
- Make diagnosis possible in a shorter period than that determined by law;
- Guarantee the start of treatment in a specialized center in a period equal to or shorter than that determined by law;
- Train health teams to provide comprehensive services and resolutive actions;
- Ensure patient access to individual counseling and support, educational information, coordination actions, care and other assistance measures necessary for successful treatment;
- Reduce the costs of resources used; and
- Coordinate individualized care for each patient.