The Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) disseminated December 18 five drafts with guidelines for the design of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects, with the objective of strengthening the investment promotion scheme in the country. Comments and suggestions from specialists, interested parties and the general public will be received until Friday, January 4.
The texts for consultation are as follows:
- Guidelines for the development of the Formulation, Structuring and Transaction phases in Public-Private Partnership projects: in these phases specialists carry out the technical studies that justify the design of the project and its incorporation into the Promotion Process.
- Guidelines for the Application of Eligibility Criteria to Public-Private Partnership Projects: Determines whether a project presents the necessary conditions for it to be developed through this mechanism.
- Guidelines for the preparation of the Multi-annual Report on Investments in Public-Private Partnerships: its purpose is to identify potential PPP projects.
- Guidelines for the assignment of risks in Public-Private Partnership contracts: reaches the PPPs whose contractual modality is the concession.
- Guidelines for the design of Public-Private Partnership contracts: establishes the main aspects that contracts should regulate to ensure consistency with the policy of promoting private investment.